Plantar fasciitis is a very common medical condition and there are many effective treatment methods to cure plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is a condition caused by the inflammation of a tissue called plantar fascia that is found in the heel. Plantar fascia is a strong tissue that connects the heel to the middle of the foot. This tissue acts as an arch and shock absorber for the foot.
Causes, Symptoms and Diagnosis:
The major cause for plantar fasciitis is swelling of the plantar fascia which can be a result of any of the following reasons namely:
- Constant walking/running
- Wearing inappropriate shoes
- Stiffness of the Achilles tendon in the foot
The major symptom of this condition is the pain experienced under the heel. This pain is felt on both the legs and is especially experienced when you wake up in the morning and the pain starts reducing during the day. You may experience pain when you are constantly involved in activities like walking and running. Apart from pain, the other symptoms of plantar fasciitis are swelling and soreness of the heel. Doctors diagnose plantar facilities by a physical examination of the heel and by asking you to do certain activities like walking/standing and look for any pain felt during the activities. They may also go for an X-ray to assess the extent of damage to plantar fascia.
The various effective methods of treatment to cure plantar fasciitis are as follows:
- Resting your foot by avoiding activities like running and walking
- Icing the affected heel to reduce swelling
- Doing various exercises to stretch the heel
- Wearing an appropriate footwear especially with a good cushion on the heel area
- Reducing your weight, if you are obese
- Avoiding overstrain in your activities
If you are affected by plantar fasciitis, then forget all your worries as the above treatment methods are quite effective and good to cure plantar fasciitis.